HD-50 is a versatile amino-functional coupling agent used over a broad range of applications to provide superior bonds between inorganic substrates and organic polymers. The silicon-containing portion of the molecule provides strong bonding to substrates. The primary amine function reacts with a wide array of thermoset, thermoplastic, and elastomeric materials.
Typical Physical Properties
Chemical Name gamma-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane
Molecular Weight 221.3
Color and Appearance Colorless transparent liquid
Density 25/25℃ 0.9450-0.9550
Boiling Point 215℃ 【760mmHg】
Refractive Index 1.420+/-0.0005 【25℃】
Viscosity 25℃ 2 cSt
Flash Point 96℃
CAS No. 919-30-2
EINECS No. 213-048-4
Min. Purity 98.0%
HD-50 is completely and immediately soluble in water (with reaction), alcohol,
and aromatic and aliphatic hydrocarbons. Ketones are not recommended as
Silane Coupling Agent HD-50 is applied in plastic products (including cables, glass fiber-reinforcement plastics etc.), rubber products, adhesives, coatings, pigments dispersion, inks, magnetic materials (plastic magnet and rubber magnet), metallic casting resins and resins concrete, etc.
● HD-50 maximizes the physical and electrical properties of mineral-filled phenolics, epoxies, polyamides, polybutylene terephthalate, and a host of other thermoset and thermoplastic composites. Filler wetting and dispersibility in the polymer matrix are also improved.
● HD-50 improves adhesion between magnetic powder and organic resins and dispersion of magnetic powder inorganic resins. Also these magnetic appliances attain higher magnetic orientation and excellent magnetic properties, higher mechanical strength, good processability, excellent weathering resistance.
● In glass-reinforced thermoset plastics, HD-50 enhances the flexural, compressive, and interlaminar shear strengths before and after exposure to humidity. HD-50 greatly improves wet electrical properties.
● With nitrile, polysulfide, expoxy, urethane, and adhesives and sealants, HD-50 Improves pigment dispersion and maximizes adhesion to glass, aluminum, and steel.
● When HD-50 is used, glass-reinforced thermoplastics, polyamides, polyesters, and polycarbonates exhibit increased flexural and tensile strengths before and after wet exposure.
● In glass fiber and mineral wool insulation, as a phenolics resin binder additive, HD-50 imparts moisture resistance and allows recovery after compression.
● In shell molding foundry applications, HD-50 strengthens the bond between the Phenolics binder and foundry sand.
● In grinding wheels, HD-50 promotes an improved, water-resistant bond between the abrasive grit and phenolics resin binder.
● HD-50 is an excellent adhesion promoter in urethane, epoxy, and acrylic latex coatings, adhesives, and sealants.